Monday, October 10, 2011

A Few Random Things

My parents left a few days ago to go back to Mississippi.  It was sad but I did have a few things to keep me busy and my mind occupied.  I still miss all of my family and friends but things are definitely getting better.  I really am starting to like Alabama more and more every day.

Last week I got a call from Chloe's school nurse saying that she didn't do so well on her vision test so I needed to make an eye appointment for her soon.  I wasn't sure if it was really needed or not because I know that she really looks up to her 13 year old cousin who has glasses and really wouldn't be surprised if she did bad on purpose.  I hate to think that she would do that but we all know how kids can be.  Well, I took her to the eye doctor on Friday morning and the verdict is.....glasses are needed.  She wasn't faking.  And they assured me that they could tell.  So, glasses have been ordered and I'll post a picture of her when they come in.  My poor kids both have bad eyes like me.  Mark's eyes aren't bad at all.  He only needs to wear glasses once in a while if his eyes are bothering him from looking at the computer all day.  That lucky duck!  I have to put my glasses on just to see what time the clock says in the middle of the night!

We went to and auction gallery on Saturday morning and Mark bid on and won a golf bag.  I didn't see anything that I wanted at that auction so I left empty handed.  The same gallery had a furniture auction later that evening and I did get a few things there.  I got a really cute desk and we got these HUGE shelf things.  I'm not sure what we're going to do with the shelf units though.  I mean, they are massive!  Right now they're in our garage waiting for us to figure out their fate.  We might completely sand them down and redo them or we might just leave them like they are.  I'll update when I figure it out.

*Yay! notice*   My sister started a blog a few days ago!  I have been nagging at her to start one and she finally did!  Yay!!  Like I mentioned before, I am a blog addict :)  I follow a few good blogs but I'm always looking for more to read.  I especially like reading blogs from people I know.  I tend to start feeling like I know the people whose blogs I read anyways so actually knowing them is a bonus!

Well, I need to get off here and do some more house cleaning.  We are having some friends over tonight so I need to clean a little more than usual ;)  You know how it is, tidying up for most days but cleaning for company.

No comments:

Post a Comment